New Directions is an inspiring, vibrant, local charity that supports people with learning disabilities and their families and carers to lead a full and valued life and works in a real partnership with them. The charity was established 60 years ago by local parents of children with learning disabilities who wanted to see improved services and facilities for their families and we are very proud of our community roots. We are regulated and registered by the Care Quality Commission and we offer the highest quality of service
We support each individual in a person centred way with flexible, responsive, tailored plans designed to empower people to reach their potential and achieve their goals and wishes
Services range from supporting a person in their own home and in other community settings to providing our own range of accommodation options. We offer short breaks, independent living skills training, residential support, day activities, leisure groups and support with managing personal budgets, transport services, volunteering, finding work or a place to live
Our work is grounded in the belief that everyone has the right to a good and full life, living in a home that they like, with a network of family and friends, to be involved in activities, volunteering or work within their community that is important to them
We provide a wide range of high quality, flexible, support services that enables people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose and also supports them to:
- Develop their independence, social skills and confidence so they can go out, enjoy meeting new people, try new activities and be active members of their communities
- Promote their self respect, individuality and dignity
- Plan for now and for the future so they can have the kind of life they want
- Improve their health and well being
- Develop their capacity to make their own decisions and choices and to pursue their own desires
- Educate and help communities to welcome people with learning disabilities
- Keep safe from bullying, neglect or abuse.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your individual needs or those of your family and how we can support you, please contact us.