With the new Indian strain of Covid-19 affecting the nation, it is important that we protect the people we support and you from infection. Changes may have occurred after 14th June depending on the results of the government announcement. The latest government guidance for visiting our residential services means that 5 people can be nominated as visitors for each person at the home. Each resident can be visited by two people at any time, this can be done in our Covid-secure visitor pod where masks will only be worn by our staff.
If you are thinking of visiting our homes this is what you need to know:
- For people visiting our residential services such as Poppy Place we require you to have a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) on the day and to have received a negative result. This is a legal requirement.
- Tests need to be done on the day of your visit
- It is important to register your test results with the government website which is https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- This will be done using our Unique Organisation Number (UON) of our Poppy Place residential home
- When you receive your result you will get an email and text message which you will need to show to our staff as your evidence as well as a photograph of the test cartridge itself
If you cannot provide evidence of a negative covid result you will be asked to reschedule your visit or alternatively to take a test on site.
For your information we do not need to keep a record of your results.
Taking a lateral flow test for Covid-19 will mean that the NHS test and trace and public health teams will understand more about the transmission of the virus and how to better support services like ours and prevent outbreaks.
If you have any questions about your visit to one of our residential services please contact email@example.com